D76989GC20 - UNIX and Linux Essentials Ed 2
This UNIX and Linux Essentials course is designed for users and administrators who are new to the Oracle Linux and Oracle Solaris operating systems. It will help you develop the basic UNIX skills needed to interact comfortably and confidently with the operating system.
D88168GC10 - Oracle Linux System Administration I
The Oracle Linux System Administration I course covers a range of skills including installation, using the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel, configuring Linux services, preparing the system for the Oracle Database, monitoring and troubleshooting.
- Install Oracle Linux 7
- Load and configure the Unbreakable Enterprise Kernel
- Install software packages from Unbreakable Linux Network and other repositories
- Use Ksplice to update the kernel on a running system
- Load kernel modules and configure kernel module parameters
- Perform user and group administration
- Create Ext file systems
- Manage swap space
- Configure networking
- Utilize OpenSSH tools (ssh, scp, sftp, ssh-keygen)
- Perform security administration (firewalld, iptables, chroot, TCP wrappers)
- Prepare Oracle Linux system for Oracle Database
- Utilize Linux monitoring tools
- Configure system logging
- Troubleshoot problems and perform corrective action
D88168GC11 - Oracle Linux System Administration II
Oracle Linux System Administration II teaches you how to automate the installation of the operating system and implement advanced software package management. How to configure advanced networking and authentication services.
- Describe DHCP, DNS, BIND and configure a DHCP server
- Discuss and configure LDAP, Winbind and Kerberos authentication
- Describe IPA Identity Management and SSSD services and domains
- Build an Apache HTTP Web Server and SMTP server
- Describe SMTP server and associated protocols
- Describe Kickstart and configure a Preboot Execution Environment (PXE)
- Configure SAMBA and NFS file sharing
- Implement advanced software package management with RPM and YUM
- Configure network bonding, link aggregation groups (LAG) and VLANs
- Build IPSec VPNs for secure site-to-site communications
- Work with Logical Volume Manager (LVM), thin provisioning, snapper, and RAID.
- Implement XFS and Btrfs file systems
- Perform advanced storage administration using disk quotas
- Configure Kerberos authentication and IPA Identity Management
D90758GC10 - Oracle Linux System Administration III
This Oracle Linux 7: Advanced Administration training is ideal for experienced administrators who need to learn more about Oracle Linux 7. You'll learn how to configure networking services and authentication services, implement virtualization technologies to more effectively manage system resources, perform advanced storage administration tasks, implement shared storage technologies, and develop advanced troubleshooting skills. In this course, you will be introduced to the Oracle IaaS Cloud Solution.
- Configure DNS, DHCP, HTTP, Samba, and other network services.
- Configure LDAP, PAM, and other authentication services.
- Automate installation using Kickstart.
- Recover from boot errors.
- Use advanced package management features.
- Configure network bonding, VLANs, and VPNs.
- Implement Linux Containers, Docker, KVM and other virtualization services.
- Allocate system resources to specific Linux processes.
- Use DTrace to identify performance bottlenecks.
- Configure iSCSI, device multipathing, and OCFS2.
- Gain an understanding of the Oracle IaaS Cloud Solution.